Tuesday 30 July 2013
I don't know about you, but for as long as I can remember waiting for my painted nails to dry was a nightmare. I've always enjoyed painting them, but hated the waiting part. I especially hate the part when I'd wake up the next day to find out that my nails have the texture of my bed sheets and being in a hurry to get to school in time, the option of nail polish remover isn't on the table. Luckily, Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat entered my life and from the first time of use changed my nail painting routine, completely. 

The Good: When you apply this to your nails the result is a shiny, very fast drying coat of clear nail varnish. It's quite thick and gives a sort of uv gel look, which I love. I've had people ask me whether I got my nails done professionally when wearing this, because of the shine and thickness. The thickness depends on your application, but I like to apply a thick top coat. One more advantage of using this top coat is that it sort of evens out the application of the varnish used before. Streaky nail lacquer? Don't worry, this will make it perfect.

The Bad: There's one big drawback to this product and that is a health warning. On the bottle it says that "this product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm". That sounds pretty scary to me and I would like to stop using it, but I haven't found anything to replace it with.

The Ugly: There's one thing I absolutely hate about this top coat. The smell! It absolutely stinks! I can't stand it and I have to be outdoors or hold my breath when painting my nails. The smell is the only reminder that this product could be harmful to your health. In addition, I've noticed that it sort of shrinks around the edges and that's noticeable the next day. When it shrinks, it causes the polish to crack around those edges, after a couple of days. Also, if you were to apply a thick layer, you might end up with some tiny bubbles trapped in your varnish. One more thing you might notice after using it is that it leaves a faint yellow tint to the colour underneath.

Have you tried the Seche Vite dry fast top coat? What is your favourite top coat?

9 comments:

  1. Great Post. Instead of top coat I usually use a nail drying spray as they work really well!

    kristasclothes.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this, but it certainly sounds like there are a few drawbacks! Eesh.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this post! I recently got a manicure and I kind of rushed out of the salon and it wasn't completely dry and a couple of nails got ruined! I was devastated! I'll keep this in bag from now on:)
    Can we follow each other :- www.wardrobe09.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. τελειο ποστ και εγω χρησιμοποιω τοπ coat για ομορφο αποτελεσμα

    http://nickysbeautystarlight.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. great post, haven't tried this product before. i usually buy the cheapest top coat i can find at the store, but it doesn't work that well def. have to pick up this product and give it a try, thanks for the review. lovely blog as well, would love it if we could keep in contact and perhaps follow each other on GFC? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to.

      xoxo
      http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

      Delete
    2. thank you for following, followed back on GFC.

      Delete
  6. Wow this would be so helpful and make life a lil easier, thanks for sharing doll.

    vickys-style.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day with your comment and leave your blog links :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
All content copyright © 2013 BeautyInsideArt, unless otherwise noted. Powered by Blogger.

The Blogger

Follow

Follow on Bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin

Your Number: